[3830] NA Sprint RTTY N6ML(@N6RO) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint RTTY N6ML(@N6RO) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 22:42:18 -0700
                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest

Call: N6ML
Operator(s): N6ML
Station: N6RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Oakley, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   56       2
   40:   91       4
   20:   53       2
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC 1

Comments:

First sprint on any mode ... burned off a few years' worth of brain-cells! Felt
a bit lost for a while, but kept at it. Need to get better at quickly figuring
out who's who and what's what when I tune across a QSO in progress. OK for a
first effort, I suppose - just barely made the 200 Qs (I'm sure it won't
survive log-checking).

Condx seemed OK but not great - 80 seemed short (lots of very loud W6's). 20
held up for most of the two hours, which was good. 40 was OK throughout.

Seemed like many didn't have their messages right - especially not including
both callsigns in the exchange, which the rules specifically mandate (IIRC),
which made things more confusing at times.

Even though I didn't know him personally, it felt good to join the club in
honouring W6ZZZ (SK) by using the name "MARC" - clearly a hugely-respected club
member and great loss.

Thanks, as always, to N6RO for hosting.