[3830] ARRLDX SSB K0TV M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K0TV M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 04:27:55 -0700
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K0TV
Operator(s): WO1N, K1BG, K1HI, K2TE, KB1NYQ, W1END, WQ1Z, K0TV
Station: K0TV

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: New Hampshire
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   64    46
   80:  289    80
   40:  342    88
   20:  784   102
   15:  189    55
   10:    7     3
-------------------
Total: 1655   374  Total Score = 1,843,446

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

The 2009 ARRL SSB weekend is now in the record books. Everyone
here at K0TV had fun once again.

Many thanks to everyone who called in to give us points. We look
forward to next year when we'll hopefully have some more sunspots
and better conditions on the high bands. This year the low bands
were in great shape.

This was the last year with broadcasters operating below 7200.
We certainly won't miss them next year. For the most part,
splits will be a thing of the past next year and I won't miss
them at all. There was so much activity in the low end of
the band that I was forced to use a listen frequency that
was way too low. I apologize to those CW operators we displaced.

As of this writing much of the snow has melted and I'm looking
forward to getting the damaged antennas down and getting some
new antennas up. Our 20 meter score was really hampered by
not having a rotatable antenna and only one low antenna fixed on
Europe. I'll be sure to put some photos of the damaged antennas
on the K0TV web site soon.

There was one hour in the wee hours of the morning that only yielded
one real contact despite both Ken, WO1N, and I calling CQ constantly.
There were five US stations who called in to give us a point anyway
including one station who actually duped us. We were pretty
lonely at that point and that got our hopes up at first that we
might actually have a two hour but alas, not to be.

MVP goes to Ken, WO1N, who after recovering from a medical emergency
two weeks ago came through and helped hold down the fort overnight
calling CQ for hours.

Best 73 to all,

Jerry - K0TV