[3830] WiQP W0ZQ SO Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WiQP W0ZQ SO Mobile LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 09:59:35 -0700
                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: W0ZQ
Operator(s): W0ZQ
Station: W0ZQ

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:
   80:  206
   40:  351
   20:   85
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
--------------------
Total:  642     0  Mults = 73  Total Score = 144,038.0

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Covered EAU, TRE, BUF, PEP, DUN, PIE, and STC.  The weather was incredibly nice
with sunshine and highs in the upper 50's. I did most of my operating in
stationary mode with the car door open and the windows down, a fine day to be
out & about.  The bands were equally hot with rates that constantly exceeded
100/hr.  I had taken my microphone along with the idea of giving 20m SSB a try
once the CW Q's had dried up, but it never happened as the CW segment was
jumping all day long. Equipment was the same as what I used in the MnQP - FT897
and a manual tune screw driver with a 12' whip mounted on top of a 104k mileage
Subaru Forester.  Logging was NA on an old DOS based laptop.  After the MnQP I
ran out of QSL cards - new ones are on order but expect a brief delay.  Many
thanks to all the Q's from an excellent group of contesters. If you haven't
given a State QSO party a try, give it a go as they are a lot of fun.  73, Jon.