[3830] Rus DX OZ1ADL SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jan@thogersen.dk
Subject: [3830] Rus DX OZ1ADL SO SSB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 12:39:44 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: OZ1ADL
Operator(s): OZ1ADL
Station: OZ1ADL

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: Galten, Denmark
Operating Time (hrs): 13

  160:   0      86       31        24
   80:   0     167       38        35
   40:   0     191       34        36
   20:   0     413       53        63
   15:   0      43        7        10
   10:   0       1        1
Total:   0     901      164       168  Total Score = 2,095,916

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Wow ! definately my favorite Contest, with all the exciting multipliers out
there in that vast country and in the wide world.
Unfortunately I was only in the shack about half of the time, due to family
obligations and Doctors orders...I am waiting for a kidney transplant from my
sister on May 26th, and have to keep a schedule involving plenty of sleep until
then - too bad, really, as this was one of the better ones, with lots of runs
and all of a sudden excotic multipliers coming out of the blue.

Of course I had to get out and construct a new 160 m antenna in the dark night,
as the old one was ( partly ) gone with the wind...

I didn´r hear one signal on 15 the first day, but decided to keep checking on
sunday, and all of a sudden I had a small run of stations, mostly from the
Moscow region and not much else...and all of a sudden all the signals were gone
again - that´s one of the things that make these contests so interesting year
af the year - you just never know...

Thanks a million to all of the russian hams of all shapes, sizes and creeds -
It is always a great pleasure to work you all in March of every year -
something I really look forward to -and all the rest of you as well, of course
!

I also found a little time to work some 20 m RTTY in the Bartg Contest this
week-end - my newfound hobby! For those of you who havent tried RTTY Contesting
yet - Try it ! It´s fun and relaxing !

Catch you in the next one

Best 73 from Jan
OZ1ADL