[3830] VaQP K6CSL SOSB/Mx/20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6csl@sbcglobal.net6
Subject: [3830] VaQP K6CSL SOSB/Mx/20 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 00:01:23 -0700
                    Virginia QSO Party

Call: K6CSL
Operator(s): K6CSL
Station: K6CSL

Class: SOSB/Mx/20 LP
QTH: CA/SJV
Operating Time (hrs): 3:00

  160:   0      0       0
   80:   0      0       0
   40:   0      0       0
   20:   2      1       0
   15:   0      0       0
   10:   0      0       0
    6:   0      0       0
    2:   0      0       0
  UHF:   0      0       0
----------------------------
Total:   2      1       0  Mults = 3  Total Score = 515

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Very frustrating week-end. Last Wednesday 2 new MFJ-949E tuners arrived from
HRO. I got them installed and calibrated on Friday. During the day Saturday I
began having episodes of intermittant excursions of SWR on one antenna. At
first I thought the problem was a bad jumper cable. After several tries at
swapping antenna cabling I proceeded to replace the feedline to the affected
antenna. That didn't solve the problem either. Then I began swapping the
tuners, finally discovering that one of brand new tuners is apparently
defective. I found this out about 11:00Z Sunday morning. I swapped out the
defective new tuner with the much older MFJ-948 that the new tuner had
replaced. I now have a dedicated tuner on each antenna so that when changing
antennas on a band I don't have to take time to retune. Well at least I
hopefully now have a functioning station for CQ WPX SSB next week-end. Scores
for OKQP and Russian DX Contest to follow. Bert, K6CSL