[3830] Rus DX VU2PTT SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vu2ptt@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX VU2PTT SO CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:32:25 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: VU2PTT
Operator(s): VU2PTT
Station: VU2PTT

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Bangalore MK82tx
Operating Time (hrs): 21.5

  160:    0     0         0         0
   80:    1     0         1         1
   40:  184     0        47        37
   20:  371     0        56        53
   15:  236     0        37        44
   10:    0     0         0         0
Total:  792     0       141       135  Total Score = 1,570,422

Club:

Comments:

Rig: Icom 746-PRO + SB-200 Amp (400 W)
Ant: Force 12 C3/S at 60', 40m Inv-Vee at 55', 80m Inv-L GP w/1 radial
Interface: MicroHAM MicroKeyer II (CAT, Winkey, Amp keyer, sound card)
Logging: N1MM Logger v9.3.2 in Multi-op mode for near-realtime backup to
Laptop

Had some real fun in this contest - and also hooked up Packet. Given some sun
spots, looks like a contest with great potential from the contest boondocks out
here :)

15 Metres sounded like it was back to its good old days - I ran about 100
stations (EU) using 400 Watts, and then had a major power outage. Switched to
laptop and batteries and continued running another 100-odd EU stations on the
same QRG using 40 Watts (yes 40 Watts) after a 3 minute break to change to my
backup laptop and battery for rig power.

A very short break was made possible by running N1MMLogger in Multi-Op mode so
that QSOs were being mirrored on the laptop in near real time. Also the use of
a MicroHAM Microkeyer II - meant I just had to bring the laptop into action and
plug the single USB plug form the MicroHAM interface into the laptop to have all
of the station (rig, amp, keyer) switching configured immediately.

Looks like every one had fun in this one - somehow 80m never sounded good for
me and had only a single move with RU1A - expected a lot more QSOs. And 10m is
still waiting to come alive - did not hear any one there.

See you all in WPX CW - I will have to miss out on most of the SSB leg except
for a few casual QSOs and maybe have my XYL operate a bit for her first contest
ever!!!

73 de Prasad VU2PTT.