[3830] BARTG W4PK SOAB-6 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4pk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] BARTG W4PK SOAB-6 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:39:37 -0700
                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: SOAB-6 HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    5       4          2
   40:  159      22         14
   20:  132      37         19
   15:
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  296      63         35  Continents = 6  Total Score = 174,048

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Rig : IC-7800, PW1

         Antennas : 4-SQUARES ON 80 & 40M, BEAMS ON 10/15/20M ON TWO SEPERATE
TOWERS, 65 AND 72 FEET HIGH EACH.

          Soapbox : Other commitments over the weekend limited my time this
year so I elected to enter the SOAB6 category.  I broke up my operating time
into three segments with about 2.5 hours Saturday evening, 1.5 hours before
Church on Sunday morning, and 2 hours at the end of the contest.  The Saturday
evening and Sunday morning hours were productive, but the last two hours were a
disaster as far as rates were concerned.

Interesting thing happened Sunday morning after I had been running for nearly
an hour on 20M was that I got a message (without an identifying call sign)
saying "PLEASE QSY YOU ARE ON AN EMERGENCY QRG".  Of course I immediately QSYed
and my apologies to those who I had left still calling me!

Another interesting thing that happened is someone spotted me as W4PC instead
of W4PK and I spent the next half hour are so trying to correct those stations
who insisted that I was W4PC!  No telling how many logged me as W4PC anyway.

73, Sam W4PK