[3830] Rus DX HG6N M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ha1ag@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX HG6N M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 03:24:55 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: HG6N
Operator(s): HA1AG HA3NU HA3OV HA6ND HA6NY HA6ON
Station: HG6N

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Karancs
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

  160:   269     88      48        58
   80:   369    159      62        62
   40:   491    365      84        70
   20:   425    477      96        72
   15:   111     12      54        23
   10:     3      0       3         1
Total:  1668   1101     347       286  Total Score = 12,116,886

Club:

Comments:

Equipment: FT1000MP, TS950SDX, amps

160m: Dipole on organic tower
80m: Dipole between organic towers
40m: 2 el HB9CV yagi at 22m
20m: 5 ele Yagi
15m: 6 ele Yagi
10m: 5 ele Yagi

This contest has the highest fun factor despite the bad weather conditions this
year.

Despite the strong wind and the occasional snowfall (in March!) HA6PN and co
rebuilt the 40m HB9CV yagi on Thursday. Friday was the usual 80m dipole
maintenance day (=tree-climbing) - this is the season ticket one has to pay for
using organic towers.

20m first hour was hectic but the band quickly died afterward and everybody
went to 40m following the developing darkness over Russia. Our second 20m Yagi
is still not useable after the winter damage and our score is clearly effected
by the lack of it.

40m SSB pileups were huge, just as the QRM. It was frustrating to hear the many
"nulevoy"'s calling in the noise we could not dig them out.

The boars took revenge on us for all their fellows we converted to delicious
dishes recently and unleashed their wrath to our NA Beverage feedpoint in the
evening. That must have impacted our low band mult count for sure.

15m opening was funny. In the afternoon the Eu pileup was not really productive
- lots of time waster on nearly ESP signals with high risks of one party missing
a digit of the serial. The NA guys who realized that the best path was skewed
over EA8 had fb sigs here.  In the morning it was like a spotlight lingering
over the map of Russia. Nice sigs were dropping in from where the light was
shining to. I think HA was just at the at of edge of the no skip zone and our
very low takeoff 15m antenna amplified this phenomenon. The mults were coming
in groups like R1O/R1Q, R3E/R3Y, R3A/R3D etc

10m was a a tropo/LOS condx exercise with a surprise RU mult.

73, Zoli HA1AG