[3830] OkQP VE3CRU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3cru@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] OkQP VE3CRU SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 17:45:24 -0700
                    Oklahoma QSO Party

Call: VE3CRU
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Whitby Ontario Canad
Operating Time (hrs): 10.0

  160:
   80:
   40:      1        2
   20:     67       42
   15:
   10:
------------------------
Total:     68       44  Mults = 51  Total Score = 14,790

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Lots of fun, conditions good and mobiles plentiful, but did not hear all of
them.

Had two handicaps, 3 hours sleep night before, dead tired.  Also, ProII encoder
behind tuning knob failing, works if knob held to top, can rotate 360 degrees or
more if knob lower with no change in frequency from 6 heavy years of contesting.
Bearing wear???

Saturday night, switched to 40 and band seemed dead, so went upstairs for a
much needed break including a nap for 2.5 hours.  Then it occurred to me to
check the second port on back of Palstar KW roller inductor tuner, sure enough,
had 80 dipole in it.  Switched to 40 and logged 3 but too tired to continue so
early bedtime.

Many thanks to all the mobiles I worked as well as the base stations.  And
special thanks to the contest committee.  Much appreciated, all.

Last year got 21,831 and happy to have 14,790 this year.

Looking forward to next year.

Look for me as VE3CRU/R in the Ontario QSO Party April 18 and 19.  I sponsor
the plaque for High USA so go for it.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU