[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, b38@c18-ss-1-lb.cnet.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:19:16 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - Mar 27

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:
   80:   9      5
   40:  18     11
   20:  16      8
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  43     24  Total Score = 1,032

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Not quite as many remote problems as last week, but Mega Apologies to Steve,
N9CK, who was on the receiving end of the first software lock-up fiasco tonight
;-(

A BEEEEG NCCC NS Welcome to Ryan, N0OJ and Gary, K9MMS.  Glad to have you guys
join us in the NS Sandbox (K7NV-ism).

Strangely, I didn't hear K4BAI, W9RE or N9RV tonight.  Must have zipped when
they zagged.  Kept getting beat out to the NW by N6ZFO.  Bill's new QTH rocks!

My remote audio delay problems are still a problem for QRQ CW Contesting, so
Tnx to all for your continued patience.  I have been guilty myself of what I
noticed was a major frequent problem tonight, and that is NOT staying QRX until
an acknowledgment is received before calling.  I had numerous requests for a NR?
repeat tonight (and made some myself), but when big signals jump on the
frequency, we all take it in the shorts.  Hopefully, when the ladder starts, we
will all QRX a bit longer to make sure we are not stepping on someone's need to
get all the exchange info necessary for a valid 2-way QSO!!!

Looks like I will have to start the ladder with one wire antenna & the little
TH3, Jr. on Locust Peak as am too QRL with taxes & other matters to get up some
additional antennas in time.  Darn.  I also now have two strange birdies just
above and below 7040 which may be some new electronic rural hilltop neighbor's
widget addition that will wreak NS Ladder havoc for me on 40.  Folks also still
need to S-P-R-E-A-D O-U-T more on all bands.

Glad to hear Ted, N9NB, back with us tonight from the N3BB station (which was
the loudest I've heard from there in a long time).  K5WA's recent antenna
enhancement is paying off, 'cuz Bob was noticeably louder out here tonight on
40m.

Tnx for all the Q's & Mults.  CU in the NS Ladder next week.

73...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust