[3830] WPX SSB N9TF SOSB40(TS) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gene_n9tf@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB N9TF SOSB40(TS) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 20:51:04 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SOSB40(TS) LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 12

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  281
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Since I did not know when I would be in the shack to operate, I chose to do a
single band 40m PT, figuring it would be open somewhere at any time. Mainly
wanted to fill in triple play on SSB. Kinda dissapointing to only fill in 16
new states out of 281 contacts!
SSB contests are very painfull, as stations crowd so close together, it
becomes, in my opinion, counter productive. I was amazed at how everyone piled
into the 7.170 to 7.215 slot, one on top of each other, and was a waste land,
most of the time above 7.215. Spread out and spin the dial!!!
Called and S&Ped 50/50. Seemed to be more productive S&Ping, most of the time
over calling. Low power and low hanging wire antenna, I got moved off my call
frequency on several occasions by stations that had no problem hearing me to
take my contact point! Amazing behavior. I'm so glad I was just in this for the
fun of it and not to "win at all cost"!

Station conditions: Icom ProIII 100 watts to a Alpha Delta DX-DD dipole at
35'.

73 Gene N9TF