[3830] WPX SSB K7ZSD SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7zsd@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB K7ZSD SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 23:49:45 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K7ZSD
Operator(s): K7ZSD
Station: K7ZSD

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NW Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 34

------------
  160:    0
   80:   59
   40:  383
   20:  503
   15:   80
   10:    0
------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Why would a guy with no neighbors and several amplifiers operate a contest Low
Power? The guy also lives in the Pacific Northwest where the distance to QSO
points is measured in several hops. He cringes at long lines at the bank and
prefers the left lane on the freeway. Good questions.

Geez, with big antennas LP will be slower, and maybe an easier pace. Just
search and pounce the DX and then run the domestic stations. The scores are so
much lower in the LP class, I can work a thousand or two in 36 hours, did it in
less time LP in sweepstakes last year. Heck, I can work four or five hundred JA
s on 20 and 40, no problem, that will make up for small numbers of Europe
stations here out west.

Well, I did not count on the fact the JA s were out admiring the cherry
blossoms this weekend and radio was forbidden. I did not realize that most hams
in the US would have their antennas pointed east all day calling the Euros. I
forgot that most humans reward strength and not timidness.  I forgot that
scientists have been working for centuries to get more from less.

More Power to the People

I will be back

Confucius say LP man must wait in queue to receive many Q s