[3830] WPX SSB 6W1SJ(E78A) SOSB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB 6W1SJ(E78A) SOSB20 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 04:56:51 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: 6W1SJ
Operator(s): E78A
Station: 6W1SJ

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: Dakar
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 2625
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: BHCC

Comments:

I am CW fan, and this was my first serious SSB contest effort ever.
Nice band conditions overall, both mornings and evenings. Unfortunately, during
mid-day had quite slow rate, sometimes just 20/h. Presume all Europe turns ears
to east in mornings. Nice evening runs with over 200/h for few hours.

Talking power in the barrel of a â??Big Gunsâ??? ... ouch !!!
Some of the sigs from Europe were 6 kHz wide (clean though).  Nice tactics to
keep frequency clear. â??Legal limit ... yeah, right :)
First day it was so bad sometimes ... taking â??Pro-IIIâ??s front-end to total
overload. No big help from filters, but playing with RF gain & Att helped a
bit.

Had fun, and see you in CW part (the real thing).

Icom 756 pro III
Acom 2000A
Spiderbeam (manual rotating) @ 50 ft

73!