[3830] WPX SSB S51A(@S53APR) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, s55o@hamradio.si
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB S51A(@S53APR) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:44:14 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: S51A
Operator(s): S55O S57L S56ZAB S56LZI S59MA S50XX S57LR
Station: S53APR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: jn76gc LJubljana
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:  186
   80:  723
   40:  764
   20:  595
   15:  139
   10:   10
------------

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

Hellow!

Well it was fun! After 6 months of rebuilding the station and opting to so2r or
M/S setup the long cold winter made it possible for us to finish just in time.

Pic of station:
http://lea.hamradio.si/~s55o/slike/s53apr/S53APRS51ABeforecqwwwpx2009/

Two Ts-950SDX did their jobs, but they need calibrations specialy to RX. One of
the stations is  a little deaf so we are sorry that we didnt hear you sometimes
(also 2h of QRN 59++ in the last 3h of the contest, so we appologise for the
bad RX).

Shack worked flawlessly and we didnt burn anything.....So seems we did a good
job in building!

Used the old setup, since we will put up new towers and it would've been a lost
of time to now put some new antennas up and in 1 month rebuild the complete
station. So we actualy were more in the Tribander + wires section hi hi.

Setup:
Th6dxx, which we know performs realy bad on 14, but we need to find the cause
(maybe height) will do some HFTA research...
Rotary dipole for 40m, which did an outstanding job for his height 14m :P we
just need another element, so we can actualy produce a run of USA on 40m.
Inv V on 160 and another for 80m.

The antennas are on the same tower in 4m of heigh difference. Used 4o3a HP BPF
and with the help of the good grounding we manage to work with 2 stations with
realy minimum interference between bands. Yes even 40m and 20m, where the beam
and the rot are 1,5m away from eachother. Outstanding performance by the
filters - thx ranko and we Wait for the 160m filter :P (we had a coax stub (thx
to s59ma)).

Pic of the tower and antennas:
http://lea.hamradio.si/~s55o/slike/S51A_WPX_SSB_2008/antennasdipole.html

Doubled the score since last year, suffer no failures, and realy happy about
what we accomplished with this setup. We aimed for 2500 qso and we are totaly
into plans....congrats to e7dx who did a realy outstanding job from our
neighbourhood! Even if 15 and 10m were practicaly unexistent...

Second station did 264 Mults, which is also a good thing for the first time! It
burned a lot that we couldnt turn the other band on the mults, but if you have 1
tower, that's just about it hi hi :).

Best qso's in the contest: KL7FH was on 20m booming 59+40 for 3h. Incredible!
Some USA station was heard to work me  (my call S55O) just before i called him,
and was realy dissapointed when i told him that it's impossible that he worked
s55o :P Maybe s55oo would know more about that hi hi :P

I thank anyone that answered and the many friends that is allways a pleasure to
hear. www.getscores.org is fun and we appreciate the run with M0XXT team. Hope
that many stations will get there! It's realy motivating and we were allways on
the edge...realy happy with M0XXT contact on 40m near the end of the contest
which showed that both of us were watching and cheering :P btw guys..hear you
after the log checing :P

Hear you in the next contests (maybe WPX CW) and i hope in CQWW SSB with more
antennas and even better results!

Bostjan - Ian S55O
For S51A Team

p.s. we will shortly get to LOTW...