[3830] WPX SSB PJ2T M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ghoward@kent.edu
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB PJ2T M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:03:06 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): W0CG, N4RV, W9JUV, PJ2BVU, KB0B, N0VD, K8LEE, K2PLF
Station: PJ2T

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Netherlands Antilles
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   28
   80:  779
   40: 1013
   20: 2473
   15: 1751
   10:  160
------------

Club: CCC

Comments:

We have learned, now, never to say that conditions couldn't get any worse. That
was our comment after ARRL SSB, but that was a jinx as they were REALLY in the
basement this time. We had steady low band QRN of 10 to 20 over 9 all night the
first night, and about S7 the second. And the big band opening times in local
morning on 20 and 15 fizzled completely. Rates were down to as low as 10/hour
for awhile around 1100Z Sunday.

In compensation, we finally got six great hours into Europe Sunday afternoon on
14.139 or thereabouts, making up for some of the other frustrations. Also, 10
was really decent both afternoons, but we elected not to run much on 10 because
rates were excellent on 15 and 20 at those same times. We probably could have
made 600Qs on 10 if we'd chosen to go there.

But we had fun and we had a great crew. Thanks to all the guys for making the
long trip to Curacao. Special congrats to KB0B in his first experience
contesting other than at Field Day. He did a good job for the team. It was also
excellent to see CCC member N4RV operating for long stretches in the chair. Jack
holds numerous CQWW single op titles from "the day," and he's back here at Coral
Cliff after all these decades, operating with a vengeance.

Murphy ate a lot of gear this weekend. Lost an LK-800 amp, an FT-1000, an Autek
wattmeter, a rotator, and one PC. Business as usual in the tropics.

Thanks as always to the CCC members who do so much to keep this place on the
air.

WI9WI will be here again in WPX CW signing PJ2T in SOABHP.

    73,

       - Geoff, W0CG, PJ2DX