[3830] WPX SSB IR9Y(@IT9BLB) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, it9blb@infcom.it
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB IR9Y(@IT9BLB) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 00:18:40 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: IR9Y
Operator(s):
IT9ABY,IT9BLB,IT9HUV,IT9PAD,IT9RBW,IT9RGY,IT9WKU,IT9ZMX,IT9ZRU,IW9HIK
Station: IT9BLB

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Palermo - JM68QE
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   29
   80:  239
   40:  884
   20: 2118
   15:  205
   10:    8
------------

Club: ARIPA DX TEAM

Comments:

First time in WPX for the young IR9Y crew: another UFB occasion to gain new
experiences and to continue the needed on-the-air training all together.
A correct multiplier activity was planned and our YL op. - Delly, IT9ZRU - had
her second run in a big contest, with a very respectable result against the
other multiplier guys.
Starting on saturday afternoon, we suffered a very intense wind activity, with
over 90 Km/hour gusts of wind, that run all the contest's time long.
On sunday afternoon we lost the 80/160m vertical - broken just over its middle
lenght and, just in the night, it was needed to dangerously climb the 20 meters
high tower to reconnect a broken leg of the backup 80m inv-Vee.
- Usual poor conditions on 10m
- Just a couple of hundreds of Qs on 15m
- 20m in a real saturation
- 40m sufficient on saturday's leg and really interesting
on sunday one.
- 80m never excellent but good enough to chase some good mults
- 160m just to try something, mostly because the contest's rules.

See you in the CW leg!

Joe, IT9BLB