[3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3bb@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 20:37:01 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - April 10

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

   80:   9      6
   40:  28     13
   20:  13      5
-------------------
Total:  50     28  Total Score = 1,200

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

20 stayed open a bit and worked K1ZZI and N1LN outside of the west coast, where
the signals were pretty strong at the start.

40 was wide open, with signals from everywhere. Good to hear N9NC from NH.

80 was a real challenge. The band seemed quiet, but no one was loud, even NO5W.
Maybe it's just me. Could be since no one seems to hear me there either. It
appears I am both an alligator and an inverse-alligator since I don't hear well
and am not heard well. Did manage to work WA1Z in NH on 80 which was a pleasant
surprise.

Most QSO awards:

4 QSOs: W0BH and K9BGL
3 QSOs: W5JAW, N7LOX, KU8E, W5ZL, W9RE, N1LN, and NO5W.

Tnx to the Texas contingent (W5JAW, W5ZL, and NO5W) for all the QSOs. Otherwise
it would have been a tough night.

Worked stalwart N4OGW only once. Kept getting beat out; N6RO twice, K4BAI only
once. Others such as W0YK not at all, even though I called several times. I
think N9RV was hiding out at the K0PC station.

Lots of activity, but it was a real grind for most of the quick thirty minutes
for me. Lots and lots of 80 meter CQs unanswered. But still good to get back on
after traveling last week.

Tnx to the NCCC for the sponsorship and for the 3830 folks for the reporting.

Jim N3BB