[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 21:06:11 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - April 10

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.50

   80:   9      5
   40:  16     13
   20:  10      5
-------------------
Total:  35     23  Total Score = 805

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

At SNS time 20m was dead to the world, not a single station, anywhere.  Post
SNS, doing the pro-forma thing, I sounded a couple CQ's on 14040 and nearly
fell out the chair when N5QQ bounced back at 20 over nine, followed by many,
many others.  Nice to chat with Ty, NO3M, John ,K4BAI, Tor, N4OGW, Jim, N3BB,
Gary W5ZL and others. It was indeed going to be a stellar NS . . until I made
the mistake of looking at the computer and seeing it was reporting 3540 as the
frequency.  Oh no .. 20 seconds to fix it.  Well, five minutes later I was able
to give out number 1 after restarting WL, then the FT1000MP, which fixed the
problem. . but alas >70 watts caused the keying to freeze on 20m.  I think it
was K4BAI who was the unlucky recipient of that situation. So have some work to
do this week. Oh well.  So the rhythm never came and of course the loss of five
minutes is fatal in the NS.

Good signals from VA3NR and NO3M and N4AF on 80 meters; worked Ty and Howie on
80 but had to settle for just 40m w/ Chris. Also pleased to work WE2I on 40,
and to hear our QRP entrant KE0G with an excellent signal.  Good to hear Todd,
WD0T giving out SD, K6NV, Bob back again after his XE trip, and K0DU providing
the CO mult. The notable combo of grandfather/grandson, K9MMS-K0DXC was of
course a pleasure to work.

So the score is dismal this week.

73 Bill n6zfo
Contest Director for NCCC Sprint Ladder