[3830] GaQP NO5W Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] GaQP NO5W Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:48:51 -0700
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:     14
   40:     81
   20:     15
   15:
   10:
    6:
------------------------
Total:    110       0  CW-Dig Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 14,740

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

The difference between Saturday and Sunday in the GQP was like night and day
with good conditions on Saturday and very poor conditions on Sunday.
Fortunately the day of good conditions coincided with the day of multiple
mobiles roving in many counties. I recall last year having great difficulty
getting into the W4NZ log usually ending up as one of the last to make it via
some very good ESP work on the part of the W4NZ op. This year was entirely
different with a QSO being made after only a few calls, often even with a
pileup in progress. Thanks to the W4NZ crew for some good work on Saturday with
14 QSOs. Another mobile often in the log on Saturday was W4AN with 9 QSOs. Great
job there also.

On Sunday morning a thunderstorm passed through the Houston area and shut me
down for awhile. The storm moved out after only a short time but positioned
itself between Houston and Georgia making for difficult copy on Sunday. However
W3DYA provided some mobile excitement on Sunday and wound up as my most often
contacted mobile just edging out W4NZ with 15 QSOs -- great job Norm. Thanks
for making the drive over from Texas for the GQP.

Thanks also to the following mobiles for being out and about in the GQP:
NM2L(7), KN4Y(7), NE4S(5), and KC4HW(1), and to those who do the organizing and
sponsoring of the GQP -- always an interesting party.

I hope to see you in the NO5W/M log in the upcoming FQP on April 25-26 when
we'll be roving the panhandle from Pensacola to Jacksonville and back. See
http://www.no5w.com/NO5W_FQP09_Route.html for details.

73/Chuck/NO5W