[3830] EU Sprint SSB HB9/NV1P LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] EU Sprint SSB HB9/NV1P LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 22:37:40 -0700
                    EU Spring Sprint, SSB

Call: HB9/NV1P
Operator(s): NV1P
Station: HB9/NV1P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Geneva, SUI
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:  20         1
   40:  34         2
   20:  16         1
---------------------
Total:  70    Total Score = 70

Club:

Comments:

That was fun!   Even with 'pop-gun' antennas I still won a few jump balls and
had 2-3 stations respond to my CQ's.   BIG difference between QSO counts of
stations using SO2R (ES5TV, CT1ILT) and those who don't.   Also very clear that
asking stations to QSY is the key to a high QSO count.  I even resorted to
'swapping QSOs' with 4X's in the Holyland contest to get a few more Q's in my
log, but they still count :-)

Nice to see G4BUO use 'Paolo's name - never met him but very glad he helped
create this very fun event.

See you in the fall sprints - maybe for those I'll go to 4U1ITU and take
advantage of their better antennas - we are putting the 4U1ITU towers back up
next weekend after a year of roof repairs.

Icom 735 at 100w
20:  Transworld Backpacker portable dipole ground-mounted (8 feet tall)
40:  Dipole at 15 feet
80:  No antenna (but loaded up the 40m dipole anyway with 4:1 SWR)

Best 73, Ken