[3830] MiQP K8UNS M/M LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP K8UNS M/M LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 05:19:30 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: K8UNS
Operator(s): N8MR, K8AZT, K8HW, WX8YZ, K6VEM
Station: K8UNS

Class: M/M LP
QTH: WAYN
Operating Time (hrs): 10.5

   80:  119     63
   40:   95     41
   20:   43
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  257    104  CW Mults = 74  Ph Mults = 47  Total Score = 74,778

Club: Livonia Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

This was the first time the Livonia Amateur Radio Club had been involved with
the Michigan QSO party to anyone's knowledge. We operated from the Livonia EOC,
using two stations - one CW and one Phone. The CW station consisted of a
Electraft K3 to an 80 Meter dipole fed with 400-ohm open line on the roof
(approx. 40 feet high). The Phone station consisted of a Yaesu FT-450 to a
ground mounted Hygain vertical with six radials.

We used N1MM logger with two networked computers. Most of our crew hadn't used
the program and we had to get accustomed to it. The networking part of the
program worked without a hitch.

This was mainly a demonstration of our ability to communicate with other
counties and states, though it gave us an opportunity to have some contesting
fun as well.

Propagation wasn't the best, but we were able to get quite a few counties in
the log. Moving to 80/75 Meters during the daylight hours certainly paid off.

Sure hope the Livonia Police Department allows us to use the facility next
year.

73
Mike, N8MR