[3830] OnQP VE3MGY Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vy2mgy@sympatico.ca
Subject: [3830] OnQP VE3MGY Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 05:02:18 -0700
                    Ontario QSO Party

Call: VE3MGY
Operator(s): VE3MGY
Station: VE3MGY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Simcoe
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

  160:   36     31     39
   80:   58     73     54
   40:  107     81     56
   20:   44      4     32
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
---------------------------
Total:  245    189    186  Total Score = 131,192

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Ran SO2R and after some initial hiccups with the setup it worked very well ( it
was an adhoc decision only 5 minutes before the start of the contest ). A
somewhat steep learning curve at first but it really made the contest a lot
more fun ( and a bit more challenging copying CW in one ear on one band and SSB
in the other ear on another band ). I had a computer crash in the first few
hours which shut things down for a while I found the problem and fixed the
software. I initially thought I had lost 150+ QSO's but it turned out not to be
the case which was a good thing as the Simcoe record has been officially broken.
Activity seemed pretty constant here with an average rate of about 40/hr for the
entire contest with 100+ peaks on the rate meter.

Thanks for all the QSO's.

73
Brian
VE3MGY