[3830] FlQP VE3KZ SOABMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3kz@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] FlQP VE3KZ SOABMixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 18:43:31 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: VE3KZ
Operator(s): VE3KZ
Station: VE3KZ

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: Milton, ON
Operating Time (hrs): 17

   40:   92     26
   20:  334     84
   15:    1      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  426    110  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 37  Total Score = 200,096

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Missed two hours when a severe thunderstorm came in at 21:00. Previously 40 was
unusable from the QRN. The electrical power was off for two hours starting
about 5 minutes after I closed down the station. The winds peaked 100km/hr with
the 204BA bent like a quad longbow and the rotor losing its grip entirely. I
found on Sunday I was being trumped by just about every other VE3 in the
pileups. Part of that was not being able to keep the antenna positioned on
Florida. I'll look for some other excuses later! At least 40 quieted down when
the storm passed.
It took until 17:00 Saturday to finish the sweep this year. Only needed CW but
doing mixed added some points but it was a real grind in the phone band. No
sweep there! The last hour was a race to reach a claimed score of 200,000, a
real panic. It took a QSO with K4KG at 21:59 to make it happen.
Great turnout from the CCO crew as usual and the incredible Florida mobiles.
Thanks for all those QSO's!

73 Bob VE3KZ