[3830] NCCC Sprint K0DXC LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K0DXC@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K0DXC LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 21:22:38 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 1

Call: K0DXC
Operator(s): K0DXC
Station: K0DXC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Jackson, OH
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

   80:  21     12
   40:  10      7
   20:  10      4
-------------------
Total:  41     23  Total Score = 943

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

My recording of the contest is posted on my website at
http://k0dxc.com/audio/nsl-512009

Comments, tips, criticism, etc are always welcome. K0DXC (at) K0DXC.com

I did bad this week. I spent the first 3 minutes of NS QRT because I had to fix
my recording program. It was literally BLASTING my sound card out. In the end I
realized that I was having a problem because I was listening with headphones
via my computer instead of my radio - this meant I had the RF on the PROIII set
much higher than it should have been. Problem fixed.

20 was very good. Even with a vertical I can make a few QSOs every week. N9RV
was loud as usual. I made the mistake of spending to much time on 20, I should
have gone to 40 earlier.

40 was OK. I still miss 75% of jump balls. Oh well.... Nice to work a few LOUD
west coast stations!

80 was GREAT! Last week on 80 my rate meter was at 169/Hour (For 10 QSOs!) and
I can normally make up for my lack of Q's on 20 and 40. I had only 20 QSOs at
0248 UTC when I switched to 80 - and 12 minutes later I had 41. If only I could
do that on 40....

After the contest I called CQ on 3540 and was rewarded by having K8MM call in.
Very nice to talk to Ian, especially since we didn't have any Q's in NS. We
reported our scores to each other and it was nice because it seemed like 3830.
I'll hang around 3540 after the contest each week from now on if anyone else
wants to join in.

No QSO's with K9MMS but I did work K9BGL a few times. Grandpa probably cleaned
my clock this week; 20 was very good and I missed a few valuable minutes.

In other news, I took the "OAT" (Ohio Achievement Test) this week in school;
THIS SCHOOL YEAR IS FINALLY ALMOST OVER! :) I believe I passed all of the tests
:)

Dayton is coming up and I hope to see everyone there!

VY 73,

Kid, K0DXC