[3830] NewEngQP K1XM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP K1XM Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 19:15:29 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: K1XM
Operator(s): K1XM
Station: K1XM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MIDMA
Operating Time (hrs): 13
Radios: SO2R

   80:     67
   40:    279
   20:    288
   15:     84
   10:     25
------------------------
Total:    743       0  Mults = 84  Total Score = 124,824

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I decided to use the NEQP to test the SO2R box I've been working on.  I hacked
test program I was using with it to pretend it was a Winkey and MK2R and got it
talking to N1MM Logger.

It doesn't have a box yet, so I put it on the table near the radios and
carefully arranged things so it wouldn't short to the stuff nearby.

The beginning of the contest found me making cables.  I only wired up the
headphone and CW key lines, so no phone for me.  That's fine.

Overall the board worked OK.  I'm not sure the audio switch performance is
sufficient but I'm going to have to make distortion measurements to find out.

Once I caught my foot on the headphone cable and pulled the board off the table
which tested the board's fuse circuitry.  It worked, and I'm now on my last 1/2
amp fuse.  Oh well, I've got some bigger ones in the basement.

It was fun to hear 15 and 10 open.  I worked a whole lot of stations in
Tennessee.  Thanks, guys!

The skip zone was such that I never heard most of the mobile stations.  I
missed KH6 - my last state was Nevada.  And I missed several VE mults.

See you at Dayton or in some other contest.