[3830] InQP AE8M Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] InQP AE8M Mobile LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 16:59:34 -0700
                    Indiana QSO Party

Call: AE8M
Operator(s): AE8M
Station: AE8M

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: 8 IN.COUNTIES
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:   40      1
   40:  179     20
   20:    5
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  224     21  CW Mults = 57  Ph Mults = 15  Total Score = 33,768

Club:

Comments:

The number of counties I can cover is limited since I must park to operate, but
it sure was fun anyway.  Activity seemed very good both inside and outside of
Indiana.  Thanks to all who called me.  Special thanks to WW9R, N8II, W2LHL,
NT2A and W9AEM for 4 Q's each and NW6S, K9EN, KG4W, W6GMT, N9HE and N4CD for 3
Q's each.  W9AEM, I love your call but I kept trying to insert an 8 in it.

I used Lakeview Hamsticks with 40M permanently on the roof, and alternated
between a 75M (tuned for CW) and 20M hamstick on the trunk lid.  The trunk lid
mount yielded lousy results.  The one 75M SSB contact was the result of moving
the super-strong N9SF from CW to SSB.  The rig was a K2/100 with the 100W amp
and tuner located in the trunk.

I managed to work 5 other Indiana mobiles (KJ9C, AJ9C, WN9O, N9JF and N9LF),
but only once each.