[3830] CQ-M C4Z(5B4AIZ) SOSB/20CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ-M C4Z(5B4AIZ) SOSB/20CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 01:10:13 -0700
                    CQ-M International DX Contest

Call: C4Z
Operator(s): 5B4AIZ
Station: 5B4AIZ

Class: SOSB/20CW LP
QTH: Mazotos Cyprus
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  750            70
   15:
   10:
  Sat:
---------------------------
Total:  750     0      70  Total Score = 149,170

Club: CHILTERN DX CLUB.

Comments:

AS far as I can tell from the rules there is no low power or unassisted
categories in this contest so we are in with the boys with the big toys!

This is my raw score off the screen, after dupes, but I know the 'Fat Finger'
affliction has cost me at least one mlt. I managed to wipe the suffix from OY4
without noticing, and I called 4 guys who said 'Dupe' and wouldn't work again.
Why do that? irrespective of who caused the error if those calls do not appear
in both logs then both sides lose the qso points. Moral here is just work the
dupe, it pays, and it takes no longer time anyway, paricularly if the other guy
wants to debate the point.

As to the contest itself conditions went pretty much the same as for the ARI
contest the previous weekend which were fair for dx on Saturday afternoon and
evening and complete rubbish on Sunday when activity appeared lower, partly
conditions and partly as I was running out of new ones to work but no way could
I find new mults. The only mlt I did hear and didn't work was YB4IR who had a
big pile. As a LP st'n I know my place in the pecking order so when I gauge the
pile to be too hot I don't waste time hanging around and go back some minutes
later, that usually works, that time it didn't as he had gone.

We had bad static and thunderstorms Sunday whih made it a bit uncomfortable and
for a 15/20 minute period shortly before the end of the test there was
tremendous noise interference which was spread across all the hf bands making
all but the strongest S9+++ stns inaudible. If that noise was local to me then
I never heard it before, and hope not to again, though I would be very
interested to learn if others experienced this disturbance also.

On Sunday I checked 15m from time to time and it was buzzing, making me regret
I hadn't put in some little time on 40 to gather a few mlt's, I could then have
had a ball on 15m and put in an 'All Band' entry, but there again I do this for
fun and also like several hours sleep!

Thanks to all for the contacts.

Equipment.
Rig :- TS570 - 100w,
3 ele yagi up 16m
logging by SD which seems to have templates for just about every contest.

73  Brian  5B4AIZ.