[3830] WPX CW NN7SS(K6UFO) SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NN7SS(K6UFO) SOAB QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 17:26:50 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    5
   80:   35
   40:   83
   20:  255
   15:  112
   10:   10
------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Yes, no sunspots and QRP from the Pacific North Left.
As usual with QRP, CQ-ing was not productive, so almost
all contacts were found by search-and-call, call, call ...

After the first 3 hours, there was no way I could compete
on 40m, so I went to sleep and got up at the more
productive 07Z and 11z for low bands.

I had a difficult time on 20m each morning, and soon as
possible 15m was better for me.  I tried 20m each
morning for Europeans, but I worked more of them in the
afternoons.

North America was 73% of my contacts, followed by Europe
and Asia. Don't know how I missed so much South America.
Some notable DX (for QRP left coast) was 3V9A, 6W1SJ and
JT1CO.

My 500 QSOs and 260K points would have made 5th place QRP
for USA last year - so I'll keep my fingers crossed that
I make the top ten this year.

Thanks to all the good ears who listened for me and kept
trying untill the QSO complete. Much appreciated!

NN7SS (op K6UFO)