[3830] WPX CW LZ1GL SOSB40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, LZ1GL@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW LZ1GL SOSB40 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 01:35:46 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: LZ1GL
Operator(s): LZ1GL
Station: LZ1GL

Class: SOSB40 LP
QTH: Sofia, Bulgaria
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:  922
   20:    0
   15:    0
   10:    0
------------
Total:  922  Prefixes = 523  Total Score = 1,315,868

Club: LZ Open Contest Club

Comments:

I was ready with my 40m band new 3 element wire delta loop on the roof of a 50m
high building fixed to Europe and USA when a week ago my old TL922 amlifier
broke down... just before the  WPX contest. Till the last moment I hoped that
it will be repaired  but... NO ! I was very dissapointed because I did not like
the idea to operate barefooted in the WPX on 40M single op category. Well... I
had no choice - I started with the clear idea that I will not be able to keep a
CQ frequency. The second thing I had in mind was my bad experiance with the CQ
WW Contest last year - I remember how the contest started on 40m - everyone's
calling, nobody's listening ( 10 statins calling on one frequency and 30 are
answering back ...) so I have decided to start searching from the upper part of
the band - I new that the big guns are sighting for the firt 30KHz and that the
band is overcroaded. My tactics worked - I have managed to keep a rate of
around 60 contacts for the first 2 hours.
 Anyway.. I am not going to tell a long story - with two words : My PA will be
repaired for the next contest ! See you all again ! Thanks for the contacts !
We are all crazy guys !

73, LZ1GL Krasimir Latinov
http://www.lzopen.com