[3830] WPX CW NY4A(N4AF) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4af@pvrc.org
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NY4A(N4AF) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 06:27:55 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NY4A
Operator(s): N4AF
Station: NY4A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 31
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  146
   40:  750
   20: 1186
   15:  479
   10:   22
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Well, a lousy beginning as I came down with a cold the day before the contest.
AA4FU and I decided it would be prudent to ditch our M/S and I decided
to s/o as long as felt up for it.
The second thing was S9 qrn all friday night, from stationary T-storm
making copy next to impossible.

>From there on tho, no complaints. Condx were outstanding w/ 20M open
round the clock and 10M actually
opening to Eu at one point. I also noted that the big Eu stations were
still audible on 15M well after their sunset,
so a sign of things to come.
Saturday night was a huge battle -between myself and I- over 80M. Love
the band, but a loser for s/o. Still could not
help going down for a while ;-)

Ended up crashing Sunday morning (2 boxes kleenex later) , as drugs
would not control the headache any longer.

About 2500q and 6.4meg claimed. UBN from Fri night will be UGLY.

Oh, this WPX reminded me of why I like it so much-
the near total inequity that Eu happily work each other in say,
CQWW, whilst we cannot qso state to state.
WPX brings US/VE qso totals back on par- if only for WPX and IARU...

73, Howie N4AF