[3830] WPX CW K0PK SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kentp@co.st-louis.mn.us
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K0PK SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 07:26:41 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K0PK
Operator(s): K0PK
Station: K0PK

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Northern MN, EN37
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    6
   80:   82
   40:  212
   20:  556
   15:   83
   10:    5
------------
Total:  944  Prefixes = 503  Total Score = 1,039,198

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Propagation ranged from fair to good...somewhat better than expected. Local
rainstorms periodically produced a lot of precip static on the beams so I was
glad to have some low wire dipoles to keep me going when the hash level rose.
160 was too noisy to spend much time on. Very strong short skip on 15 in the
afternoons. A bit of action on 10 was also encouraging.

Last year's antenna work paid off with a higher points-per-QSO average. This
was my first million-point contest. Mucho fun!

Setup: FT2000/TS940, TH3-TA33-TH3 stack, tri-band dipoles, D40, CF Zepp, 80m
sloper, 160 vert., N1MM

Thanks for the Q's!   73 - Paul, K0PK