[3830] WPX CW W0UA(@K0RF) SOSB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0ua@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW W0UA(@K0RF) SOSB20 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 11:16:37 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: W0UA
Operator(s): W0UA
Station: K0RF

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1896
   15:
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Played in a golf tournament Friday AM so I'd be fresh for the start(?) Operated
from the nominal 20M position at Chuck's. Antenna switch problem (unknown to
operator)accidentally discovered but resolved Saturday early AM.  K4BAI
dropped-by to tell me that I had a keying problem (clipped leading dits)
mid-Saturday AM.  Thank you John!  Ensuing radio-switch consumed about a
half-hour.  QRN so bad on Saturday night, never heard it worse on 20.  Had an
air condx pointing right at me, but was still sweat-drenched trying to pull
weak, fluttered signals from S-9 plus noise. (may have created a few new
slang-terms there) Band reopened late Saturday evening...WOW!  Haven't heard UA
and Eastern EU sigs like that since Slovenia!  Didn't intend to stay up all
night, but the band was so interesting, couldn't put it down. Worked some
really FUN DX!
WPX is a just a fantastic free-for-all, what a great contest!
Thank you, Chuck, for having me up for the sit; it couldn't have been more fun!
(except for another 1,000 Q's and 100 mults...)
Oh, BTW:  I dropped a 50-foot putt for a birdie in the golf tournament!!

Geo  W0UA