[3830] WPX CW VK6AA(VK2IA) SOSB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vk2ia@vkcc.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VK6AA(VK2IA) SOSB40 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 15:48:56 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VK6AA
Operator(s): VK2IA
Station: VK6ANC

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: Perth, WA
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:
   80:
   40: 1301
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

RIG:  K2 + amp, 3 ele @ 17m

Had a great time again in Ham Heaven at the Northern Corridor Radio Group in
Perth.  The new 3 ele for 40m is the latest addition in their aluminium
plantation, worth all the hard work and efforts of the past few months.

Condx here were mixed with great openings into EU on both days.  Band was a bit
noisy (QRN) particularly around late afternoon/early night of each day (during
NA opening).  Surprisingly I only had a few decent runs (EU, 95 Q/hour max) and
spent quite some time searching for new multipliers when the QRM was at its peak
in EU/NA which included the LP opening to NA early morning.

Thanks to all at NCRG who looked after me - good to catch up with everybody
again! A pity that home is some 5 hours flying time away.

Hope to see some of you in Friedrichshafen/Germany this year.

73
Bernd VK2IA / VK6AA