[3830] WPX CW KA3DRR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ka3drr@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KA3DRR SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 18:19:34 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KA3DRR
Operator(s): KA3DRR
Station: KA3DRR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:   41
   20:   52
   15:   20
   10:    0
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

A stellar weekend hacking our ionosphere using 45-watts into a doublet antenna
at 33-feet supported by a push up fiberglass mast. I'm measuring my success
this year in terms of lessons learned specifically notching my band pass filter
from 240 to 120 hertz. A genuine pleasure listening to 10 over 9 stations like
WC5T, 8P5A, N800, and ZM3A. Additionally, I improvised quiet cans using safety
muffs in conjunction with ear buds thus improving focus and concentration, what
a difference. Likewise, a budget friendly solution that reduced overall
household noise into shackadelic.

I did experiment with calling CQ moreso than searching and pouncing this year.
I managed a few burst rates lasting between 3 and 10-minutes, respectively.
However searching and pouncing generated most of my Q-production while my
second hour on 20m achieved a best overall rate of eighteen. N1MM Contest
Logger statistic continues validating first night as best rate because
Q-production dropped significantly going into Sunday. I need to spend more time
in the chair on the first night and pace the remainder.

I'm hearing EU on 20m as of late however I have not logged any EU station at
this time. Stations heard in the shackadelic were EF8M, IR4X, CU2X, and RM3F.
I'm working on a solution to improve my signal into Europe from my CC&R defined
community.

An amazing RadioSport event and I enjoyed every minute in front of my FT100
this year. I notched Kure and Niue Island in pursuit of DXCC this weekend as
well. Thanks CQ Magazine and CQ WPX staff for your hard work!

73
Scot, KA3DRR