[3830] WPX CW G1A(M0DXR) SO(A)AB(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mark.haynes@yahoo.co.uk
Subject: [3830] WPX CW G1A(M0DXR) SO(A)AB(TS) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 01:54:23 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: G1A
Operator(s): M0DXR
Station: G1A

Class: SO(A)AB(TS) HP
QTH: Nr Stansted
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:    8
   80:   98
   40: 1017
   20: 1330
   15:  327
   10:  192
------------

Club:

Comments:

Extremely enjoyable contest! WPX CW is probably my second favourite after CQWW
CW!
Conditions were a great surprise. Started out on 20m (I surprised myself with
this decision!), but conditions from the UK to USA on this band were fantastic,
and so managed to work avg of about 3/min for the first hour. After about 90
mins, went to 40 which was running well to USA and EU.
At first light, the spots started to appear for 15 and 10. I didn't expect 10
to be quite so good, but having heard 10, I did expect 15 to be better than it
was to the USA! Was great to work HS0ZDY on 10, along with a couple of USA
stations. Many congrats to other UK stations taking part in this event that I
heard a lot, such as G6PZ, M6T, G3TXF and GM0F. These guys were all over the
place and are FB ops that I always learn from.
Hilight for me was working a large number of JA's on 20m on both days. Very
good propagation to the far east, and thank you to you all for the QSOs.
My sincere thanks to John G3LAS and his XYL Rachael for allowing me to operate
from their QTH. As always, they were very kind and welcoming.
Equipment: IC-7800, PW1 Amplifier, WinTest Logging Software. Antennas: 3 ele
SteppIR up 60ft with 40m extention dipole, Inverted V for 80m, and Sloping
Vertical Wire for 160m.
Log summary below. 73! Mark M0DXR (G1A).

 BAND   QSO DUP  PFX  POINTS   AVG
  160     8   0    2      15  1.88
   80    98   0   44     239  2.44
   40  1017   0  365    3714  3.65