[3830] WPX CW WE3C M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, we3c@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WE3C M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 04:16:49 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WE3C
Operator(s): K3CT, K3TEJ, K3TUF, N3RD, NN3Q, W3FV, W8FJ, WE3C
Station: WE3C

Class: M/M HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   77
   80:  562
   40: 1787
   20: 2515
   15: 1150
   10:  407
------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Without the normal Memorial Day holiday conflict, our team this year was made up
of five full time operators and three part time.  We were pleased to have W8FJ
and K3TUF join our team.  To maximize operating time for everyone, we decided
to enter the M/M class.

160M Had very little activity.  Static crashes limited copy with very weak band
openings.

80M Was a struggle.  Openings were very weak and noise levels made clean copy
very difficult.  Activity was better the second night.

40M We had huge EU runs the first night.  The band closed quickly to EU at
their sunrise.  VK/ZL and JA openings were light.  Second night activity was
way down.  We made Qs every hour except two.

20M Was a huge surprise staying open to somewhere the entire contest.  We made
Qs every hour.  EU was there almost all the time.  The QSO total is a new high
on 20M for the station.

15M Was open to EU at unexpected times.  EU & JA Qs were logged at the start.
EU was wide open Saturday AM.  Sunday hour 22 there was a polar opening to EU
with the rest of the band dead.  Other than the openings, DX copy was very
light.

10M We ran EU Saturday AM!!!  The openings were short, but it was sure exciting
to run EU again on 10M.  We were fortunate to catch other short openings by
doing a lot of CQing.

The abundance of prefixes was huge.  It makes this contest the most fun event
we participate in, although serial number copy limits run rates.

Thanks to all the callers, the great competition and the sponsors for holding
this fantastic event!

A super special congratulations to the WE3C Team for your super outstanding
efforts and fantastic results!

73,

The WE3C Team
www.we3c.com