[3830] WPX CW KW9A(K0DXC) SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K0DXC@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KW9A(K0DXC) SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:27:11 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KW9A
Operator(s): K0DXC
Station: K0DXC

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Jackson, OH
Operating Time (hrs): 5

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:  189
   20:   47
   15:    6
   10:    0
------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

RIG: IC-756PROIII
Antenna: K1AR Dipole @ 50 feet, 6BTV vertical, DX-B sloper
Software: Win-Test

I borrowed KW9A for both WPX CW and SSB this year.

I had baseball games over the weekend so I was limited in operating time. I
figure I was on about 5 hours.

I did not operate at all on Sunday. When I got home from church I went up to my
room and found my dad had dismantled my computer and hard drive to put in a new
computer and hard drive. He also ended up putting some kind of HP files on the
new computer that really screwed it up. I had trouble transferring files
between hard disks. In addition to that, he made it so I had to re-register
every component of the PC with the hard disk. This meant that the new computer
didn't even recognize it had a sound card until I told it that it did!

Anyways, I got tired of hacking around with the new PC so today while my dad
was at work I went out in the garage and dug out my old computer. After 15
minutes of putting the circuit board and hard disk back together I turned on
the computer to find out IT WORKS! Yes!

Now I have all my logs and stuff back. Very good.

Anyways.... There were thunderstorms throughout the weekend. There was lots of
QSB and static crashes on the bands. Because of this I decided to stay on 40
and not bother with 80 and 160.

I posted a 15 minute clip of one of my runs on 40 meters. It is available at
http://k0dxc.com/audio/kw9a-15min-wpx

Thanks to everyone for the QSO(s).

CU in field day, IARU HF, and the NAQPs in August!

73,
Cal, K0DXC
http://www.k0dxc.com