[3830] GACW WWSA C4Z(5B4AIZ) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] GACW WWSA C4Z(5B4AIZ) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 00:37:08 -0700
                    GACW WWSA CW DX Contest

Call: C4Z
Operator(s): 5B4AIZ
Station: 5B4AIZ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Mazotos
Operating Time (hrs): 13

   80:    0     0        0
   40:    0     0        0
   20:  203    15       46
   15:  104    13       38
   10:   62     5       19
------------------------------

Club: CHILTERN DX CLUB

Comments:

Hadn't planned on doing this one, heard it going on  a couple of hours after the
start so decided to look at the rules, the format looked interesting so I
pitched in there.

Those promised new sunspots are still in hiding so band cndx still the pits!

Quite a bit of confusion and competition for attention from lots of other
contests going on and guys who wouldn't work anything other than their own,
there was CT day, FF ??, some sort of russian portable event and the italians
also had their own thing going on. In fact I thought I was not going to get 'I'
in the log at all. I did get a couple an hour or so before the end but not on
all bands used which is unheard of!

Main participants were eu, without them this would have been a flopout as there
were few from SA, also NA was thin on the ground but maybe I just did not hear
them as cndx were poor from here to USA/VE.

Other than JA I had one HL and that was it from the far east, haven't wkd vk/zl
in a test for more than a couple of months.

The morning west coast opening on 20mtrs did not happen so no Z3 for me.
Highlights were on 15mtrs in a couple of very brief openings, first being
called by N1LN (interested to see he is LP too) and towards the end VA7XX
was heard calling cq, his sigs disappeared after I worked him. Thanks guys for
the double mult's. No other NA stns ever heard! a case of being in the right
place at the right time.

I was surprised to see that PY2SEX was in the LP section, he was such a big sig
here on both 15 & 20, that 7 ele beam sure is a very big weapon.

Lowlights, being unable to raise CE1 & CP6 for double mult's.

On a calendar date when there is not so much else going on this could be a very
good contest.

73  Brian  5B4AIZ.