[3830] ARRL June VHF K7DR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7dr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K7DR Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 21:44:33 -0700

  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  68     41  Total Score = 2,870

Club:

Comments:

EN82bp
Icom IC 7000 (100w on 6, 100w with Mirage Amp on 2, 30w on 70cm)
6M CC 3 el @ 10 ft
2M M2 7 el @ 25 ft
2m/70cm KU4AB loop @ 15 ft

I operated portable from the family farm near Howell, MI alt. 1000 ft (home QTH
is at 650 ft) Just got the IC7000 at Dayton and was first real workout for the
radio. Ended up learning a lot about it under trial by fire. It performs great
on CW with 3 filter widths. Just plug in a paddle and go.

Activity was low on 2 Saturday due to 6 being open, When 6 quieted down, found
2 to still be pretty dead and flat condx. I always hear K8GP all night on
Saturdays, put didn't hear a peep from them until Sunday afternoon and then I
had to wait for the signal to build a bit before I could work them. Biggest
surprise was K2DRH calling me late Sunday afternoon from EN41 on 2M. He was my
furthest DX on 2 and signals were strong both ways, like workinh 75m!

My apologies to those who thought double hop was coming in when they heard my
call on 6m :)

Dave - K7DR EN82