[3830] All Asian CW W1UE(@K1TTT) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ue@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW W1UE(@K1TTT) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 14:12:56 -0700
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: K1TTT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Ma
Operating Time (hrs): 19
Radios: SO2R

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:   53    36
   20:  280   110
   15:   14    12
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  347   158  Total Score = 54,826

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Difficult contest to work from the East Coast.  Whichever way you go, Asia is a
long way, and beaming east you have to work through the European pile-ups and
beaming west you have to work through the USA West Coast pile-ups.  Running
only works at peak propagation hours, which aren't many at the current status
of this sunspot cycle, and also by the fact that 10 and 15M stayed open later
than usual, and casual ops stayed on those bands- where I had no propagation-
instead of going to 20 or 40M where I did have propagation.

It was still a fun contest, with the 15M contacts being unusual.  Saturday
morning GMT, 0230Z, I worked my first JA on 15M, and worked 3 more on 15M at
1030Z; Sun morning, I was able to work 4L6, TA, and 5B at 0945Z; by 1015Z they
had totally faded out and I was never able to hear them again.

Thanks to everyone for the Qs, and a big thanks to Dave K1TTT for the use of
his fine station.  See you in Field Day!

Dennis W1UE