[3830] All Asian CW K1LT SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vkean@k1lt.com, mrrc@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW K1LT SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 17:24:34 -0700
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: K1LT
Operator(s): K1LT
Station: K1LT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 10.5

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:   25    20
   20:  103    55
   15:    3     2
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  131    77  Total Score = 10,087

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This weekend was my first All-Asian CW contest since high school, like
1972 or something.  Back then I had a tri-bander, but no amplifier,
whereas now I have an amplifier (thanks, Jeff!) but no tri-bander.
Also, back then we had sunspots.

The results are similar.  Actually, back then I just casually operated
looking for some easy QSOs and stayed on 20 meters.  This year I made
a few contacts with Japan on 15 meters and several more on 40.  Worked
lots of stuff of 20 the first evening.  Heard several Koreans, but was
never able to hook up.  Heard Vietnam very weekly.  Worked a few new
ones, like 7Z, A7, and EX.

Thanks for the Qs.

Equipment: IC765, ETO 91B (loaner from K8ND)
40/15: ground mounted vertical, lots of Beverages
20: metal roof mounted vertical, lots of Beverages