[3830] ARRL FD W5KFT 5D LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rb@austin.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD W5KFT 5D LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 11:18:19 -0700
                    ARRL Field Day

Call: W5KFT
Operator(s): W5KFT, K5PI, K5TWJ, K5OT, KI5DR, N1XS, K5YV, KE5C, K5XA, N5LT,
WA5VSK, WM5R, W5JEN
Station: W5KFT

Class: 5D LP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:   218    102      0
   40:   692    278      0
   20:   494    627      0
   15:   389    820      0
   10:    42    665      0
    6:     0    128      0
    2:
  222:
  432:
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  1835   2620   4455  Total Score = 10,278

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

W5KFT and I both agreed that the idea of a "no sweat" FD operation sounded
appealing this year, especially since he's got a brand new, industrial sized
BBQ pit that needed a good workout.

So we decided that we had enough antennas and room in the shack to put five
stations on the air (20, 40, 6, and two multi-band stations).  It took a bit of
furniture moving and every connector and cable we could find to convert from the
usual SO/M-2 setup but it all came together very well.

We had a nice balance of ops -- seven SSB types, a couple of switch hitters,
and four CW bigots, a couple of whom were actually witnessed using a
microphone!  Everyone did a great job in spite of a few computer glitches.
(N1MM worked great, but 500MHz machines are too slow for M/M.)

For my money, the highlight of the weekend was ten meters.  It was
unbelievable!  We made QSOs in 19 of 24 hours.  We kept an op there until 1AM
local!

Thanks to Bryan and Barb for hosting us and providing the great food, and to
all the ops for coming out!

K5PI
www.w5kft.org