[3830] ARRL FD K0GQ 2A LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0ou@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD K0GQ 2A LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 12:35:50 -0700
                    ARRL Field Day

Call: K0GQ
Operator(s): AC0MK, K0OU, K0VBU, K0VXU, KA0JJH, KC0DDZ, KC0ELZ, KC0NOX, KD0DST,
KD0HMI, KG0US, KG0UT, NF9L, W0FEN, W7KU, WA0EMX
Station: K0GQ

Class: 2A LP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  1622   1501     0  Total Score = 11,840

Club: Raytown ARC

Comments:

Another fantastic Field Day that we will be talking about for many years, from
the grounds of Raytown, MO City Hall/ Police station. Best PR coverage we have
ever had with KC channel 4 news reporting from our FD site for about 2 hours
Sunday morning, and articles in 2 newspapers. The channel 4 reporter even got
on the SSB station and made a contact. Also a video has been made to be
published on YOUTUBE (I don't have the link yet). I understand this has been
submitted to ARRL.
We had a great set-up with a SSB station, a CW station, a uhf/vhf station, a
satellite station, and a G.O.T.A. station. Don't have the band breakdown but
the premiliminary figures show 1622 CW Q's and 1501 SSB Q's which includes 11
satellite Q's, about 125 uhf/vhf (mostly 6M), and 500 GOTA.
Many participants as support crew (set up and tear down, cooks, etc) that are
not listed above and on the GOTA station, demonstrations of echo-linked
repeater and a show of antique gear, and also a Boy Scout troop camped out with
us Saturday night and cooked pancakes Sunday morning. Covered youth
participation and Sunday morning breakfast.
Many visitors including Raytown policemen and city aldermen signed in at the
gathering shelters and food tent after touring the site and recieving an
explaination of what was going on.
Great operation, great show, great memories.