[3830] RAC Day VA7ST SOAB/CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Day VA7ST SOAB/CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 22:28:59 -0700
                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB/CW HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:   52              7
   40:  125              9
   20:  278             11
   15:   16              3
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:  475     0       30         0  Total Score = 72,720

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

SFI=67 A=8 K=2

Good action for the first part of the contest, but not much on the back half.
Kept the yagi at 27' until Wednesday morning, and had much better results on
20M and 40M when it was that low. Ran a mix of low-power and high-power,
depending on how lazy I was when changing bands :)

Finished the first night just after midnight with 299 Qs and 24 provinces for
46K points... almost last year's total in just the first shift. But through the
remainder of the contest I added just 6 more sections and 176 Qs. Set a personal
best, which surprised me given the Wednesday running.

Best 40M totals I've had and good 20M totals without a decent EU opening to
rack up bigger numbers, so I credit the SteppIR 40-10 performance. Even netted
a few on 10M, thanks to K6GEP for taking me up there for my first 10M in a
while.

80M was pretty thin activity-wise but the phased verticals pulled in more Qs
than I've seen in previous Canada Day tests (52 for 7 this year, 27 for 7 last
year, 19 for 4 in 2007, 30 for 5 in 2006).

Nice to work a lot of low numbers as guys jumped in for a few contacts -- they
keep us in business.

As usual, perplexing number of dupes. Guess some folks heard an E instead of A
in VA7 first time around.

Had a lot of fun. Great to hear so many familiar calls from both sides of the
49th. Thanks for stopping by.

Year  CW     Ph     Mults        Score
2009: 475     0       30         72,720 HP
2008: 306     0       29         47,908 HP
2007: 612     0       25         61,750 HP
2006: 445     0       23         45,218
2005: 167     0       16         12,800
2004: 160     0       15         13,800
2003: 126     0       23         19,642