[3830] IARU VE2EKA(VA2WDQ) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU VE2EKA(VA2WDQ) SO CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 10:15:21 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: VE2EKA
Operator(s): VA2WDQ
Station: VA2EKA

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Sept-Iles
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

  160:    27    0       7        5
   80:   159    0      16       25
   40:   461    0      20       35
   20:   895    0      39       38
   15:   144    0      15       23
   10:     4    0       2        0
-------------------------------------
Total:  1690    0      99      126  Total Score = 1,204,425

Club: Contest Group Quebec

Comments:

I was working from CQ zone 2, ITU zone 9. It was a big "quest" for many con
testers. I received often "zone ?" then "call ?" and again "zone ?" after
sending VE2EKA 599 9 ))) Looks like we used to trust our contest logging
software too much! And a logger always suggests zone 4 for VE2 by default! In
some cases could be nice to have an ITU zone map on a table)))

Conditions were very poor on Saturday morning. The solar K index was jumped to
3 and we got even short high latitude Aurora during morning hours. Anyway
conditions got improved afternoon. Low bands: 160-80-40 were not bad but there
were too many QRN from southern thunderstorms.

10 meters was almost closed. I heard some activity from south but it was so
difficult to get few QSO's there! Heard K1ZZ was CQ-ing there but he didn't
hear me with my almost 1 kW and 4 el!!!

Saturday morning opening on 20 and 15 meters bands was so nice! I did S&P and
was lucky to caught few new mults on 15. But it was time to stop((((

Thank you all for the Q's! Sometimes run rate was up to 250 Q/M! Sorry guys who
didn't get my respond on lower bands. The QRN there were so strong here!

RiG: FT-1000D PA Ameritron AL-80B
ANT: 20-15-10 HyGain TH-7, 160-80-40 Alpha-Delta dipoles.

73!

Victor
VA2WDQ