[3830] IARU W7YAQ SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W7YAQ SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 14:01:14 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W7YAQ
Operator(s): W7YAQ
Station: W7YAQ

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Sisters, Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:    9             3       3
   80:  110            14      11
   40:  239            21      16
   20:  248            28      36
   15:  130            17      11
   10:   79             7       3
-------------------------------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

The bands were in suprisingly good shape.  JAs on 10!  Who would have guessed
it!  My score probably would have been higher if I had been able to rotate my
antenna.  The rotor broke a few weeks ago and was not yet back from the repair
shop.  So the antenna was lashed a few degrees west of north -- ideal for UA9,
but not for the major ham population centers, even with the Steppir 180 degree
reversal switch.  So I pressed my well-worn DXpedition HF9V vertical into duty
for many QSOs on 20/15/10.

I have always liked this contest because of its 24-hour format, choice of
modes, and unique summertime propagation conditions.  I remembered to look at
the greyline indicator in time to catch PY and OA at their winter sunrise for
new ones on 160.

Thanks to the IARU members and friends for all the fun!

73,
Bob W7YAQ