[3830] IARU PY2SEX SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU PY2SEX SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 15:02:01 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: PY2SEX
Operator(s): PY2SEX
Station: PY2SEX

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: Campinas
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:    5                      4
   80:   11                      9
   40:  169     23              48
   20:  117     36              42
   15:  105                     25
   10:   32     13              19
-------------------------------------
Total:  439     72     0       147  Total Score = 302,673

Club: RIO DX GROUP

Comments:

Well, what a crazy 24 hours!! Started with raining just 10 minutes before the
contest start, so QRM growing up a lot on 20m and 15m. I gave my best to get
all stations on first call, but all signals come to me very low, actually the
noise was huge! 10m was a nice surprise, I have enjoyed this moment, then I
went to 15m where I could copy Europe and USA at same time, was like using a
Vertical antenna. My best hour! hihihihi
I got sick to call on SSB on 20m with 100w, so I turn my LInear on, and just on
my second call, My upstair's neighbor knocks my door. $#%!@!!! Back to 100w,
maybe later on 40m. No chance, and a new cold water over me again. On my third
call with Linear on 40m, my another neighbor complained about SKY TV, I though
that I have resolved that last week!!! Damn Murphy. Then I get some beers and
start my suffering to be heard.

The most incredible thing was Low bands, I do not have antenna to 160m, but I
tunned my 80m Dipole and used it with 50w, well, I have worked south America
stations only and could heard pretty fine the PJ2T, but no chance for me. On
80m another good surprise, when UN1HQ reply me back, after around 20 calls..
hihihi.. My Inverted V is only at 1m up to the ground. I have a broadcast
station that give me S9+10 QRM on 3510 and out of there I have S7. So, only big
guns can be heard here. I gave up and went to sleep, I had to work on Sunday
Morning, but I woke up early and another amazing thing Happens, 20m at
Morning!! I got very surprise and remeber the old times with good propagation,
I could work a bunch of American Stations as well as, Japanese, 9M6 (Big
signal) and some more caribean and central america, was completely
unbelievable. No QRM and good signals here.

Thanks everybody to be patient on High Bands and for be on my Log. I hope to
see you guys on next contest.

Log Already uploaded to LOTW.

73

PY2SEX, Alex

RIG:
Yaesu FT-950
ANT. 2 el. for 40m  (By PP5UA)
     7 el. Tri-band (By PP5UA)
     Inverted V for 80m
Ameritron AL-80AX (Could not be used ) :'(

MSN: py2sex@live.com
SKYPE: PY2SEX
twitter: http://twitter.com/py2sex