[3830] IARU DF6FR SO CW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU DF6FR SO CW QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 00:02:49 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: DF6FR
Operator(s): DF6FR
Station: DF6FR

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: nr Frankfurt/M
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:    0     0       0       0
   80:   49     0       5      18
   40:   84     0      11      22
   20:   67     0       8      18
   15:   60     0      10      17
   10:   37     0       4       9
-------------------------------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Actually I participated for the fun of it, set up a second antenna (Triple-Leg
for 15m next to my 2x10m Lévy) and just started to S&P. As N2WN wrote, the
first hours were rough as QRP station, but in the evening it improved. Then I
became decided and set a goal of 250 QSO and 3 hrs of sleeping. 40m worked so
great during the night that I didn't sleep at all. During the day my main bands
were 15m and 10m. But I had my share of 20m, too. In the last half our I decided
to switch to 20m to fulfill the 300 mark. It almost worked out, I didn't achieve
any QSO in the last 8 minutes. So in the end I'm just 3 QSO short of the triple
century. It probably could have been more if I focused on 40m & 20m, but 15m
and 10m was good fun as well.