[3830] IARU F5VIH(@F6KAR) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, f5vih@sinanis.com
Subject: [3830] IARU F5VIH(@F6KAR) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:04:51 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: F5VIH
Operator(s): F5VIH
Station: F6KAR

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: JN36af
Operating Time (hrs): 22
Radios: SO2R

  160:    36     8      3       20
   80:   158    52     12       30
   40:   513   132     20       30
   20:   425   215     31       32
   15:   227   208     13       28
   10:    19    21      5       16
-------------------------------------
Total:  1378   636     84      156  Total Score = 1,526,880

Club:

Comments:

Home obligations couldn't let me be part of TM0HQ 20m CW team, so I did a "last
minute" effort from our club station F6KAR. And what an experience!

Arrived at the club 2 hours before the contest and I had to setup the station
for so2r and the brand new version of wintest 4. The 80m dipole was almost flat
on the ground and the 2nd beam had high SWR on 20-15-10 probably suffering from
the lawnmower passing over the coax cable. Decided to fix the dipole after the
first couple of hours of the contest.

Overall, excellent participation to keep me stuck on the chair all the time
when I wasn't fixing stuff in the station. Couldn't get a run with US on 20m
but 40m good runs throughout the whole night. Sunday morning 10m and 15m open
with strong EU signals with a couple of hours at > 180 Q/h rate on ssb.

The IARU championship is perhaps the only contest that the use of spotting
networks is not permitted for mono-ops. If it stays like that in the future, it
will very likely serve to remind the younger generations how it was contesting
at the pre cluster/skimmer era :-)

Thanks to all the contest gangs for this great weekend. See you at the next
one, EUHF

160m, 80m: dipole
40m: 40-2CD@12m
20-15-10 m: KT34@12m