[3830] IARU WR1Q SO SSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, WR1Q@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU WR1Q SO SSB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:00:01 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: WR1Q
Operator(s): WR1Q
Station: WR1Q

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: Rio Rancho, NM
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:          9      3
   15:
   10:
-------------------------------------
Total:   0      3      3        0  Total Score = 64

Club: Short Mountain Repeater Club

Comments:

I recently received the replacement parts for the Super Antenna YP-3 portable
3-element 20-6M yagi that had experienced some damage from a "gravity spike."
While in Rio Rancho, NM on business, I had a couple of hours free to set up,
operate, and tear down a portable station atop the highest summit at the City
Center in Rio Rancho to work the IARU. The wind was everything from completely
stagnant to a moderate 15 mph, and special care was administered to prevent any
further "gravity spikes" with lots of attention spend on securing of the
antenna. The yagi was fixed at a stable and safe height of 20 feet.

The antenna faced the NE direction and I was happy to hear several east coast
stations within seconds of hooking up the rig, and a quick scan of the dial on
20 meters resulted in the 9 qso's before knowing it was time to get back to
work.

Hopefully while Im away from the home QTH I will be able to continue performing
as a portable station in various areas of the US on behalf of the SMRC. 73's!